Tuesday, May 6, 2008

2 1/2 weeks & we're still surviving! :)

Well, life is starting to settle into a new routine here. Drew is now 2 1/2 weeks old & is doing great! Mommy is very tired until she gets her long daytime nap. Thankfully my mom is here for 2 1/2 more weeks to help out. She makes it possible for me to take my naps & keep my sanity! She has been a HUGE help around here keeping the kitchen going, laundry, rocking Drew, & around the clock care of Brianna. Brianna is enjoying her time with Nana. She is adjusting well, but struggles at times with this new transition. Last night I was able to go to my baby shower put on my Sunday School class ladies. We had it at a yummy place called "McAllister's Deli." A bunch of my friends came out & showered Drew with lots of really cute clothes! He's going to be one styling little man! :) My shower was originally scheduled for April 17 th, but that's the day I started contractions... It was actually more fun getting to bring Drew with me. Plus my mom got to be here for it too. Today we enjoyed the 80+ degree weather by going to a park & getting pizza & root beer floats for dinner! I haven't seen Brianna that dirty in a long time! Needless to say, she thoroughly enjoyed herself. :)

3 comments:

Ben and April said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful day! Enjoyed getting to talk w/ you at your shower last night, and seeing baby Drew!

Unknown said...

That little fella looks almost grown up. Who does he look like? Brianna looks like her Dad's side of the family, but I'm not sure about Drew. He is very handsome, has so much hair and looks like he has made himself quite at home. I'm sure Nana could care less about coming home. I just got to see Trent, Beth and Parker and they are doing GREAT!! Love ya, Aunt Kay

Ice-Family said...

Had fun at your shower! Glad you got some nice stuff for that adorable little guy! I love all of Brianna's brown curls! She's so cute!